Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Women Fly Fishers want to make a Fashion Statement!


Whenever I find a new passion, I would gather as much information as I can. As I OD through this process, I have bookmarked, cutout, accumulated books and mags to last me a few years on a deserted island. One of the sites I visited happens to be equipment with color options for rod and reel. Red (raspberry-would work) would make a bold statement, Although Pink, will generate the interest to help out cancer patients, but SAGE rod and reel has captured that market. I guess it is a woman's thing to make a fashion statement; within a reasonable budget. I came across a website, Elkhorn Fly Rod and Reel, you can link to it from my blog. I emailed Brian Chavet, the owner, for more information. A quick response from him indicated to me the kind of service they practice.

I have attached a picture of their rods, which looks quite fashionable and of good quality. He suggested the purple (new) color rod with the gray reel would make a great combo. I am putting a plug for that fly shop located in Loveland,CO. Take the time to check it out, see my links, and be sure to mention my name and blog. Ladies, the fly fishing gear, such as waders and boots, have a long way to go for all body types. So I welcome your comments when you come across some great places to shop for quality and price. In the meantime, keep those fishing lines wet!

No comments: