Monday, September 8, 2008

The Kinni

Visited the Kinni three the past week and a half!

Disappointed! Discouraged!! Defeated!! Desperate!! DETERMINED!!!!

Twice by myself and the other with another WM FF! I was armed with tricos (#22 and #24), adams, nymphs, and fly ants/hoppers. I got there early, checked the temperature, and it was still cool enough that did not see any 'trout rising' I tried nymphs and as soon as it started warming up, I could see a lot of activity on the surface so I switched to tricos. I would cast across but above the activity and let it drift over. I repeated this process and nothing. I would see them them rise and I had a few hits; but was not able to set the hook. I ran into a couple of FF who suggested a couple places downstream and even gave me flies to try; but no success. What seemed like a few minutes was really several hours; and it was time to pack up and go. One of those days was called to a halt when over 25 kayakers started their downstream adventure to their delight and to my disappointment. A usual stop at Lund's Fly Shop on the way out of town to talk shop and buy a few more flies to replace ones lost. Another day to return and hopefully get lucky to practice 'catch and release' for the first time on the Kinni!!!

Keep those fishing lines wet!!

No comments: