Thursday, October 30, 2008

Saturday, Sept 27th, 2008






Here are pictures of The Kinni................
The trout season ended on September 30th; and it was mandatory that I make it to the Kinni......one more time. The forecast for a cooler morning was not worth the effort to rush to get there early. It was a blue sky day and got there at noon. I saw that a few others got there about the same time. Initially nymphing and then later switching to a dry flies, I missed a couple but saw a lot............again very frustrating to see and 'be in their face' but .................that's all!

Interestingly, during one of my down time while switching to a different fly, I met a guy, a former attendee of 2007 Fly Fishing Workshop headed by Lew B. He admitted he has not been out as much as he wanted to since taking that workshop, so we exchanged/shared some knowledge/ideas we had learned/experienced as novices to the sport. The others also frustrated with luck....tried different methods, and left to try another spot. I also took the time to check out different accesses along the river.

Iowa - trout is open all year round!

Keep those fishing lines wet!!

No comments: